Sunday 15 February 2009

The Last Supper!

So, I had MA and PA over for supper last night and it went... well? They seem to like Emerson okay (and he was on his best behaviour - by which I mean he wore shoes), though Dad did his usual thing of having just one drink too many and kind of dozing off over the guacamole. And Mom pulled me off into the kitchen at one point to give me THE TALK. Is it serious? Can he take care of you? Has he proposed? Mom, we've been seeing each other for a few months. I mean, yes it's serious, but... Proposed? There isn't a war on* - we don't have to get married tomorrow.

Grr.

So, they took themselves off at around eleven, and Emerson made a beeline for the computer. Letting of steam, I guess. Meanwhile, I kind of slunk off to my room and watched The Slipper and the Rose on DVD. Nothing like a bit of cheesy, 70s fairytale action to snap you out of yourself. And is it wrong to have kind of a crush on Richard Chamberlaine? Actually, don't answer that.

Of course, when I'm in this kind of mood, there's only one thing that can really cheer me up.

Tomorrow, we're going to the mall.


*yes, I know there is a war on. But Emerson isn't a soldier. In fact, I don't think he has an aggressive bone in his body. Which is good! Soldier boys - yuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment